People use hard drives to store valuable information, but sometimes data stored on it becomes inaccessible. Data disaster may strike all of a sudden without giving prior warnings. For instance – File accidentally gets deleted, corrupted, lost, or a number of unfortunate things that prevent you from gaining access to the file. The worse thing is, you don’t have a backup and are in desperate need of those important files. More often we are not quite aware of the real risks and how to avoid them.
Most common reasons for data loss are connected to our everyday actions like the way we save, store and handle our data. Such as;
- Due to Viruses and harmful malware
- Mechanical damage of hard drive
- Power failures
- Emptying Recycle Bin completely
Let us see some situations that caused deletion of files
- Being fickle minded, I accidentally deleted some files from external storage device that I wasn’t supposed to delete. How do I recover my permanently deleted files back?
- Our computer crashed and lost data. We even took the system to a data recovery service and after 5 days they told us that they could not undelete the data
- I unintentionally formatted the storage drive, can I recover files again?
Well, don’t panic, as it is possible to recover data, because when you delete a file, you don’t actually ‘’delete’’ it. You just lose access to it and the space occupied by deleted files is marked as “available to reuse”. So the deleted files remain physically on the drive until they are overwritten by other files. This means that there is a certain duration where it is possible to restore the file.
Possible ways to recover your files from damaged or erased hard drive
- Recover deleted files from Windows Recycle Bin:
If you just move your data to the Recycle Bin and haven’t emptied it, just go there and select, Right-click on them and choose Restore option. Please check Recycle Bin carefully before you decide to empty it.
- Recover files from your Backup:
Do you back up your hard drive regularly? If yes, then all you need is to use the backup program and restore lost files from backups. This is an easy way to do data recovery.
And if you don’t back up, maybe it’s time to get into the habit. Choose a reliable backup program or using cloud drive. This could help you if data loss happens again.
- Utilize a file restoration application:
If you have no backup and need data recovery software, assuming no other file has overwritten the deleted file on the hard drive.
Even after following the above mentioned measures you are not able to recover files? Are you in search of relevant tool to recover window files? Here you can try using Yodot file Recovery. This is fastest, smartest and safest software to recover deleted files.
Features of Yodot File Recovery
- Using Preview option, one can determine whether right file has been extracted
- Retrieves files from not only hard drive, but also from USB drive, iPod, external hard drive etc.
- Comes with “Save Recovery Session” option
- This tool is free from virus and any malware / spyware
- It is a handy tool, suitable for all types of users
Steps to recover files from Windows
- Hit here to download and install Yodot File Recovery software on Windows
- Choose “Deleted File Recovery” or “Lost file Recovery” option to get back files
- You can view list of drives or partition present in the system
- Select the drive / partition from where you want to recover files
- The software scans the chosen drive and displays list of deleted/lost files
- With the help of two view types i.e. “Data View” and “File Type View” you can easily search and view retrieved data
- Save required files to your desired location on Windows.