“Hey friends! I own a Sony digicam with memory stick pro for storage of media files. I captured numerous pictures and videos using that camera on my friend’s birthday party. When I connected camera to my computer to copy the images, I noticed “format error” continuously popping out on screen. I was wondering how come normal functioning memory stick generating such error messages? I really need to fix this problem as soon as possible and retrieve those photos and video files. Somebody help me!”
It common to hear such queries among users on daily account. Nothing as such to be serious about it, just relax. Go through upcoming chunks of this editorial.
Before getting through the solutions to fix memory stick error. Have a quick look on some of the factors that makes camera with memory stick inaccessible-
- Indecent way of terminating camera
- Ejecting memory stick from camera while still it is in use
- Interrupting file transfer from memory stick to computer and vice versa
- Installing insecure third-party applications
- Memory stick is not formatted over a long period of time
- Camera being used on low battery level
- Using the SD memory card when it is about to full
- Utilizing same memory stick on multiple devices
Whatever be the cause of your problem, it may ultimately result in data loss situations. Whenever your camera says error formatting memory stick message, immediately stop using the device. Doing so will avoid overwrite on memory stick thus preventing from a permanent file loss. But how to fix this issue? Well there are ways to solve but to be on safer side, it is better to retrieve data from memory stick and then start fixing it.
Just follow the steps given below to start up your backup (data recover).
Step 1: Connect faulty memory stick to a PC
Step 2: Tap here and start to download Yodot Photo Recovery utiltiy
Step 3: Install, launch the application and follow stepwise instructions
Step 4: Choose the option as – “Deleted Photo Recovery”
Step 5: Scanning starts and displays result after recovering
Step 6: Check restored files using “Data Type View” or “File Type View”
Step 7: “Preview” and save regained files onto destination location, avoid source drive for permanent loss.
Now troubleshoot your memory stick with following methods to fix the error.
Method 1: Use Checkdisk tool
- Insert memory stick drive on the computer
- Click on My Computer and right click on the memory stick drive icon and choose Properties option
- Tap on Tools
- Hit on Check Now option
- Click on “Automatically fix file system errors” and “Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors” Finally Start the process
- Click Close option when completed
Method 2: Format your memory stick
- Double-click on My Computer
- Right-click on the drive letter that indicates memory stick, then hit on Format
- Select a File system among FAT, FAT32, exFAT
- Check on “Quick Format” option
- Click on Start
Working of Restoration tool.
Yodot Photo Recovery tool is built in a way to recover data from Memory stick in-spite of format error or any sort of errors. It regains data without modifying any of the original file. The application ensures media file retrieval from memory sticks that are inaccessible, formatted or even corrupted. Files from hard disk, USB drive, external hard drive and many other portable devices can be regained in a secure manner. The utility is compatible with operating system versions like Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008 editions.